Weekend Radar: Addams Family, Coastal Canoeists Paddle Sports Film Festival, Silent Party, VMFA After 5
COVID-19 community level remains high for Richmond, Henrico and Chesterfield. The 7-day average case rates per 100,000 people in each locality are 270, 260, 247, respectively. CDC guidelines continue to recommend that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in indoor public places. . We will therefore focus on outdoor sites.
Additional note: I tested positive for Covid on Monday and have since isolated myself. Minor symptoms I guess due to full vaxing. Anecdotally, I know many more friends and family members who have contracted Covid in the past month than at any time during the pandemic.
The Kickers continue their homestand on Saturday. The weather is looking pretty good, so get out there for a beer and cheer on your Kickers.
The Richmond Kickers host Charlotte Independence and celebrate Military Appreciation Night. Visit our sponsor’s facebook page at Facebook.com/GoArmyVirginia
Join us as we pay tribute to our military personnel at City Stadium for our game on June 11. The first 500 fans in attendance will receive a Kickers camo hat! Please inquire about discounted tickets for serving and retired military prior to game day. Additionally, we will be selling a limited number of serving and retired military tickets on game day (please bring valid military ID).
Happy Hour Special: From 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., take advantage of the $5 special on 16 oz Heineken!Come see the Kickers take on the revenge-seeking Charlotte Independence after our 2-1 win over them earlier this season. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. Kick-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to save $5 off the game day price and to ensure fast entry into the stadium upon arrival. GET TICKETS HERE: https://bit.ly/3PwoJdq
Help cats and dogs while helping you out with some great deals.
We have SO MANY TREASURES waiting for you! Tons of designer clothes, handbags, linens, housewares, electronics, books, games, toys and children’s clothing, artwork, glassware, you name it – we’ve got it!
Come shop to help raise funds for the animals in our care! The garage sale will be held at the Seventh Street Christian Church, so mark your calendars!
Amelia Lavender Festival at Windsor Lavender Farm
June 11, 9 a.m.-7 p.m., $10
Lavender is pretty. Lavender is enhanced by live music, food, crafts and a petting zoo.
Lavender Festival on June 11 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. RAIN OR SUN.
Tickets/wristbands sold at the door, free parking, children under 10 free, adults only $10!
live music starts at noon.
Over 30 craft, food, face painting, petting zoo, music, lavender vendors. come see us !
Cars & Cuts 2022 at Mechanicsville (7167 Flag Ln)
June 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., free
I also wanted to have a cool car. Then, for a little while, I had a nice 1968 Ford Galaxy. I quickly realized that if you don’t have mechanical skills, you’re going to spend a lot of money. I don’t have much money so I said goodbye to my sweet Galaxy. If you have a nice car or just want to be jealous of others, this is the event for you.
It’s time for our favorite event of the year…CARS & CUTS 2022! This is a community car show and cruise that anyone can join!
Every year we try to do better than the year before, and this year would be no different! We’ll of course be setting up the Mobile Barbershop along with the same great DJ and Amazing Local Food / Shaved Ice Trucks, but we’ll also be turning up the heat in a number of other ways this year:
1) There will be plaques and prizes (FREE T-shirt, FREE haircut gift card and a cash prize) given to the top 3 local favorites! To enter your car/truck/bike to win, there will be a $10 entry fee. You will receive a car number card to put in your window and everyone present will vote using these numbers!
– if you are not interested in participating in the show part, you can always join us for free and just browse and enjoy the day! (You can bring your car and get out for free, only those who pay the entrance fee will receive the window card and have the chance to win!) ***It’s new this year so don’t be disturbed, we want you to bring your cars/trucks/bikes anyway!
2) In order to make the show a bit more family and community friendly, we will have a limited number of vendors on site selling local produce! We will have vendors selling freshly squeezed lemonade and lemonade as well as makeup artists and much more!!!
– Vendor spaces are $30 and we have about 10 spaces left! Please message the shop or Jacob Smith directly! PLEASE understand that because places are limited, we will do our best to provide a wide range of vendors without too much overlap!
3) PORTA POTTY 😂🤣 While we will always have access to the pavilion bathrooms as we have had every year, this year we will rent 1 or 2 to place them a little closer to the event in order to offer a little more comfort to the guests.
It’s going to be an awesome time, and we can’t wait to see you there! REMEMBER this is a community event for all to enjoy, so PLEASE SHARE AND TAG EVERYONE to spread the word! Especially the “Car People” in your lives! If you are part of a local car group/club, we would love to have you!
We have access to the grassy ground as well as the paved ground so there is plenty of space!!
Will you help support independent and local journalism?
We need your help. RVAHub is a small independent publication and we rely on your support to help us provide a vital community service. With the exception of the occasional local advertiser, we rely 100% on donations to run the site. If you enjoy our content and would like to help us maintain it, would you consider a donation as small as $5? We would be extremely grateful!